The ReTweed Cowl, designed by Green Mountain Spinnery's Kate Salomon, is crafted with a straightforward slipped stitch pattern made more sophisticated by alternating three colors. This snug-fitting unisex cowl will comfortably fit under a winter jacket, and can easily be modified to a different circumference (or gauge) to fit your preference.
Our kit includes: 3 skeins Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair — one in each of three colors. Pattern available separately as a FREE download on the Spinnery website (click here to be directed to the link) and on Ravelry (click here).
You will also need (sold separately):
- US8 (5mm) 24” (60cm) circulars
(or size needed to obtain gauge)
- stitch markers
- row counter (optional)
- tapestry/blunt needle for weaving in ends
- blocking tools
Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair comprises a delicious blend of fibers:
- 40% Fine Western Wool Targhee (a cross between Rambouillet and Columbia sourced from herds along the Front Range of the Rockies)
- 30% Medium Wool (Cheviot, Friesian, Romney, Corriedale, Montadale, Dorset/Tunis and Rambouillet sourced from herds in Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts)
- 30% Fine Mohair (yearling mohair sourced from flocks in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Vermont)
Worsted weight each 2 oz. skein is approx. 140 yards
You’ll use approximately 70 yards of each of your contrasting colors to make a cowl with the specified measurements. This means each kit offers sufficient yardage to make two, so you can gift one to someone you love!
It has been a tumultuous year with overwhelming news stream that is as difficult to absorb as it is to disconnect from. To balance this in a small way, we’d like to offer something simple, beautiful and heartwarming for you to knit and share this season.
~Green Mountain Spinnery
Note: If you'd like to build your own kit, or plan to incorporate your own stash, simply visit the link above for the individual yarn(s) you need and place them in your shopping cart separately.
Images of the finished cowl are courtesy of Kate Salomon.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.