Designed by Isabell Kraemer
With its textured slip stitch pattern and smart contrasting of color peeking out of the pockets, the Maritime Pullover is an absolute favorite of ours for children. The 100% organic, hand-dyed Washable Wool sport yarn used for this pullover is cuddly, incredibly soft, and treated with an organic enzyme that prevents felting. For a similar grown-up version, try our Peaks Island Pullover.
Includes: Hard copy of pattern.
2 (4, 6, 8, 10) years. Shown in size 6
Yarn: Swans Island Washable Collection, 100% Organic Merino Wool, sport weight (50 gms, 180 yds each); or 900 - 1,260 yds of similar sport weight yarn. Colors shown:
- MC: 4 (5, 5, 5, 6) skeins EWB104 Graphite (on him) | EWB122 Fresh Water (on her)
- CC: 1 skein EWB127 Curry (on him) | EWB104 Graphite (on her)
- US4 (3.5 mm) 16” and 24” circular, and a set of DPNs
- US size 3 (3.25 mm) 16” and 24” circular and a set of DPNs
(or size needed to obtain gauge)
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or waste yarn
- tapestry needle
TENSION / GAUGE
- 6¼ sts and 8½ rnds/rows = 1″ in St st on larger needles
- 5¾ sts and 12 rnds/rows = 1″ in Slip st patt on larger needles
- Chest: 24 (26¼, 27½, 29, 31)“
- Length: 11¾ (14, 15¾, 18¼, 20½)”
Images courtesy of Swans Island Co.