Isabell Kraemer is one of our favorite designers at Stars Hollow Yarns. Leni is a casual hat, worked in the round from the folded brim to the top. Combining one strand of mohair lace and one strand of fingering weight merino results in a soft and sumptuous look.
The hat is started with a provisional cast on and some ribbing which is then hidden when the main body of the hat is worked. A small delicate band of texture comes next and adds just the right amount of interest.
…let me shout out a big THANK YOU for your love, your ongoing support, your trust, your understanding, your patience….for being by my side on this journey…. hope you enjoy this little hat pattern!~Isabell Kraemer (designer)
Our kits include:
- MC: 1 skein North Light Fibers Spring Street (100% Falkland Island Merino made on Block Island; 3-ply Fingering Weight; 310yds per skein)
- CC: 1 skein The Farmer's Daughter Fibers Mighty Mo (70% Kid Mohair // 30% Mulberry Silk; Lace Weight; 459yds per skein)
- Pom: 1 Vegan Faux Fur PomPon from LOVAFUR, a small family business in Austria (50% Polyacryl, 34% Modacryl, 16% Polyester)
You will also need (sold separately):
- US4 (3.5mm) 16” (40cm) circular for ribbed brim
- US6 (4mm) 16” (40cm) circular and DPNs for body of hat (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- smooth waste yarn & crochet hook for provisional cast-on
- 8 stitch markers
- row counter (optional)
- tapestry/blunt needle for weaving in ends
- blocking tools
If you'd like to customize your own kit, simply visit the links above for each yarn (and pom pom) and place them in your shopping cart separately. We've provided other yarn suggestions below. For more inspiration, check out Isabell's Leni hat project page on Ravelry [click here]. We're also happy to help you choose colors...feel free to email or call us with questions!
Images of the finished hat are courtesy of Isabell Kraemer
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.