Traditional cabled braids and plaits meet architectural increases, decreases, and ribbing in this cozy and sculptural cowl named for Maine’s landmark Mount Katahdin. Knit with Swans Island's naturally dyed, 100% organic merino wool, this intriguing cowl is perfect to wear on a hike in the woods.
Includes: Hard copy of pattern.
- Yarn: 1 skein Swans Island Natural Colors • worsted (100 gms/250 yds each), shown in color Wheat; or 250 yds similar worsted weight yarn.
- Needles: US5 (3.5 mm) and US7 (4.5 mm) 16" circular, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other tools: Stitch markers, cable needle, tapestry needle
- Circumference: 23 1/2″
- Height: 11 1/4″
5½ sts and 6½ rnds = 1″ in Cable Pattern
- 5 sts and 6½ rnds = 1″ in K2, P2 Rib
- Alicia Plummer
- Advanced/Adventurous Beginner