In The Flow is a generously sized cowl. Knitted bottom-up in the round, it consists of four stripe sections with purl stitch rounds to create a gradient effect. This attractive four-color cowl is a great gift idea, whether for yourself or for another, and perfect for taking your project on the road. We love it for beginners or as a yarn taster project to learn about the wonderful characteristics of the yarns from The Fibre Co.
Our kits include:
- 4 shades of Acadia or Luma: 4 x 50g hanks - 1 each for colors A, B, C and D
- Printed copy of In The Flow pattern by Becky Baker (conveniently travel-sized A5)
- Drawstring Yarn Bag from The Fibre Co.
Luma: A classic DK weight yarn, Luma is inspired by the mood and light found in sun-bathed savannas. The plant-based fibres of organic cotton and linen are mixed with silk and fine Merino wool to provide warmth when it is cool, yet be light enough for warmer climates, a perfect yarn to create layering pieces of a handmade wardrobe.
- Kit 1: Aegean | Blue Dusk | Willow | Blanca
- Kit 2: Blanca | Ancient Stone | Pecan | Brinjal
- Kit 3: Brinjal | Sherry | Marigold | Sap Green
Luma photos show the sample in Healer (A), Truth (B), Happiness(C) and Heaven (D).
Acadia: Inspired by rugged rocky coastlines, Acadia is a rustic blend of fine Merino wool (providing warmth) and baby alpaca and silk noil (adding drape and luster as well as an interesting knobbly texture). The heathered appearance of this DK weight yarn is achieved from a kettle-dyeing process that creates the subtle duotones for which The Fibre Co. has become known.
- Kit 4: Summersweet | Yellow Birch | Blue Heron | Thunder Bay
- Kit 5: Egret | Driftwood | Plume | Cormorant
- Kit 6: Cormorant | Poppy | Sugar Maple | Jack Pine
Acadia photos show the sample in (A) Cranberry, (B) Blueberry, (C) Granite and (D) Mountain Ash.
(Choose from one of our colorway options as shown)
Finished measurements: 29" circumference x 11.75" height
You will also need (not included in kit):
- US 5 (3.75mm) 24 in (60 cm) circular needles (or size to obtain gauge)
- US 6 (4mm) 24 in (60 cm) circular needles (or size to obtain gauge)
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle
Kits are also available for special order in The Fibre Co. Lore.
Images of courtesy of The Fibre Co.