A cozy throw in three sizes (small/medium/large) with a distinctive pattern of curves and cables accented by eyelets, to knit in worsted weight yarn. Ribbed hems and cabled borders provide a classic distinctive finish to the edges. This pattern includes a size for every member of the family; the smallest one is perfect for baby, while the largest size makes a beautiful bed-top coverlet. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- 17 sts and 25 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles (unwashed)
- 18 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in Hourglass Lace pattern on larger needles (washed and stretched slightly to block)"
Finished Measurements: 29(45, 61) inches wide and 36(56, 75) inches long (stretched lightly and blocked)
Materials Used: 675 (1525, 2800) yards of any worsted weight yarn that knits to pattern gauge. Suggestions offered below.
- US9 (5.5mm) for body (or size to obtain correct gauge)
- US8 (5.0mm) for ribbed hems (or one size smaller than body needle)
- Quince & Co. Lark
- Spud & Chloë Sweater
- The Fibre Co. Lore
- Swans Island Natural Colors Worsted
- West Yorkshire Spinners The Croft Shetland Aran
- Quince & Co. Whimbrel
Images courtesy of knitspot