Starts February 5…join when you can!
Are you ready for the 2nd annual Cocoknits Knit-a-Long (KAL)? Now through April 16, 2021, together with Cocoknits, we'll be hosting the Franca cardigan Virtual KAL. This is an intermediate Cocoknits Method pattern that we will be knitting together in sections. (We recommend having knit at least one Cocoknits Method pattern prior to this project.) You’ll be taking your skills to the next level with an integrated collar and kangaroo-style pockets.
To get the most out of this KAL experience (including special tips, tutorials, direct sessions with Cocoknits creator Julie Weisenberger herself, not to mention eligibility for various giveaways and prizes), you'll want to sign up / register in these three places:
Sign up HERE to receive newsletters sent directly from Cocoknits at the beginning of each section (weekly and bi-weekly). These emails will help keep you on track with the KAL and will be filled with resources, tips, and tutorials, as well as a list of prize winners...so don't miss it!
Register for the KAL with Stars Hollow Yarns to participate with us and join any of our weekly sessions (a combination of virtual via Zoom & in-person in our Studio) by adding the KAL to your cart (if you don't see that option, click HERE to be redirected to the main KAL event page).
Sign up for weekly sessions with Stars Hollow Yarns by clicking any of the yellow "View Available Sessions" buttons on this page, then clicking "Sign up" for any of the dates you hope/plan to attend. (This will help us with headcount, particularly for those attending in person, so we can manage COVID protocols safely and responsibly.)
Participation with Stars Hollow Yarns is FREE with a purchase of $30 or more from our shop, which can include anything KAL-related (e.g., the Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book, a sweater quantity of yarn, notions, accessories — see the list of optional supplies below for ideas). Because we appreciate everyone who supports us and want to include as many people as possible, we're offering 10% off all supplies with the code SHYFRANCA2021. (The $10 KAL signup fee will be refunded when you spend at least $30 in person or online.)
Cocoknits will provide the basic KAL info in their regular newsletters, so when you register with us we will keep our emails to a minimum, including Zoom call passwords, prizes or giveaway details, plus anything else we think might be helpful. (Note: Weekly sessions are tentatively set for Sundays, 1-3pm EST; subject to change depending on participants' schedules and winter weather.)
Our aim with this KAL is to keep it super low-key. If you can only make a few sessions, don't worry! Join when you can. Because we all need something fun and engaging to do together(apart) right now, don't we?
Post your projects on social media with the tags #StarsHollowKAL #CocoknitsKAL #CocoknitsMethod and share the fun!
- Skill Level: Intermediate.
- Supplies needed (click here to search shop online):
- Yarn: ~1075 (1275, 1450, 1650, 1850, 2050) yds worsted/aran weight yarn (click here for recommendations).
- US10 circular needle 40" or longer for Body and Sleeves — or size needed to obtain gauge. (See page 19 of Cocoknits Sweater Workshop for information on length.)
- US4 needles for working BO (bind-off).
- US0-3 DPN or any length circular needle (for picking up stitches).
- Extra circular needle in working size for PCO (provisional cast-on).
- Extra circular needle in working size or 1 size larger for pocket (optional).
- Franca pattern (available in hard copy or Ravelry in-store sales)
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop
- Cocoknits Colorful Stitch Markers (original size)
- Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kit to hold Sleeve stitches
- Optional supplies (suggested, but not required):
We plan to knit the Franca together in sections. When you sign up with Cocoknits (see link below), they will send you emails at the beginning of each section (weekly and bi-weekly). These emails will help keep you on track and they'll be filled with resources, tips, and tutorials. It's also where Cocoknits will announce prize winners — so be sure to open them to see if you've won!
Images courtesy of Cocoknits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.