Designed by Kiyomi Burgin, the Chōcho Hat is worked in one piece from the brim up. The chart is worked using the stranded colorwork method. Keep floats loose to maintain an elastic fabric. We strongly encourage you to check your gauge, as stranded knitting can work up tighter than you would normally knit (we usually have to go up at least one needle size).
Our kits include:
- Three 50g hanks of Julie Asselin Journey Sport (MC: 2 hanks, CC: 1 hank)
- PDF of the latest issue of Pom Pom Quarterly (PPQ41)
*printed copy of PPQ41 available for an additional $5
Finished hat circumference
19½ (21½, 23)“ - to be worn with approx. 1-2” negative ease.
1 (2, 3)
You will also need (not included in kit)...
(always use a needle size that will result in the correct gauge after blocking):
- US 2 / 2.75mm circular needle, 16” / 40cm length
- US 3 / 3.25mm circular needle, 16” / 40cm length
- AND needles for working small circumferences in the round (DPNs, magic loop, or small circs)
- stitch marker
- pompom maker, 2-2½“ (optional)
- tapestry needle
Yarn images courtesy of Julie Asselin.