For your safety and ours, when visiting the shop:
- Please wait at the door: Knock, and our staff will get you when capacity allows
- Masks required: Must completely cover nose and mouth at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Hand sanitizer required: Upon entry, and again prior to checkout
- Social distance: Stay at least 6' from other shoppers & staff at all times
- Limited capacity: We are limiting the number of people in the shop at one time
- Shop efficiently: Please limit touching the yarn and refrain from trying on sample garments (we know it's hard!); our staff is here to help
- Touchless payment methods preferred: Tap-and-Pay (Apple Pay), credit cards, or checks (avoid cash if at all possible)
- Please leave family at home: No more than 2 people per vehicle will be permitted in the shop at one time, to ensure shoppers are able to enter
- *Hours subject to change: Prior to your visit, please check our website for current hours
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), or are unable to wear a face mask for any reason, we respectfully ask that you please stay home and allow us to assist you by phone/email or virtually (via FaceTime/Zoom).
Group shopping trips: If you would like to shop with friends or children 10 and under, please schedule an appointment in advance of your visit. We will not be able to accommodate groups without an appointment.
We appreciate your patience, as we navigate these changing circumstances. A detailed review of changes we have made in the shop is outlined below, as well as on our website. If you have any questions, please let us know. We can't wait to see our community in person again!
Changes we have made in the shop:
- Completed a thorough cleaning prior to reopening, including kitchenette, restroom, and all common areas and high-touch surfaces (e.g., stair-rails, door handles, counters, register)
- Implemented strict cleaning and disinfection protocols; high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and shared objects (e.g., credit card machines, checkout counter) after each use.
- Providing regular updates to staff on proper cleaning procedures to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants, as well as COVID-related updates from the CDC and WHO.
- Staff performs daily health checks and will stay home (on paid leave) if sick, or exposed to someone with COVID.
- Staff will wear face masks at all times
- Separated entry/exit doors — when possible, please enter through the front door and exit through the back (to the right of the register) to minimize contact
- Visual markers installed throughout the shop and additional seating removed, to encourage 6’ social distancing and maintain traffic flow
- Increased ventilation rates by opening windows as frequently as possible
- Set up a plexiglass barrier at the register (reduces distance to 3’)
- No yarn winding once skeins have left the building
- Restrooms temporarily closed to the public
New outdoor space:
We have provided all-weather, eco-friendly Adirondack chairs for your comfort in the back orchard, with additional seating on the front and back patios of the Studio. As weather permits, we will happily bring items out to you for outdoor shopping. When using our outdoor spaces, we ask that you please respect social distancing guidelines — wear masks, wash hands/use hand sanitizer, and maintain a 6’ distance.
Our website is still available for online shopping, and we continue to offer curbside pickup for locals who wish to place online orders. If you prefer to have your order shipped, we offer FREE SHIPPING with all orders $120 and up.
We will continue to revisit our store hours over the next weeks/months. Please check with us for current hours prior to your visit.